Live not indexing my site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am registered for live webmaster tools. There I have watched the index status of suchebiete.com. This site ranks quite good on Google.
    I surely have some DC because some pages are made of affili content but most sites are unique.

Some months ago about 500 pages have been indexed my Live.com but now there are only 50. My sitemap is a sitemap index file that references gzipped sitemap files.

Why does Live not index more of my pages (especially the unique ones)?
    Friday, February 8, 2008 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As stated in the past there is a limit to the size of our index and while we would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site.  We currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year.     So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm and we are always working on making selection better.

Brett
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As stated in the past there is a limit to the size of our index and while we would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site.  We currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year.     So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm and we are always working on making selection better.

Brett
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 3:43 PM
  • Dear Brett.
    Can I have your hands will be removed from the index of your doorway, profiles of different forums that appear in the top of MSN with the help of spam? And to replace you will add to the index of my good sites.
    What is your opinion about my proposal?
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 1:56 PM