WLOC Fails to Install After Windows sp3 Update RRS feed

• Question

•  

A couple days ago my WLOC system status indicator turned red indicating my system was at risk.  WLOC was indicating a critical update could not be installed.  The fix and help buttons associated with the problem did nothing.  I then opened Windows Update to see if that program would install the necessary update.  It was there I learned Windows sp3 was now a critical update, and I assumed that was the update WLOC could not install.  I had to uninstall WLOC to get the Windows sp3 update to install.  Now I am trying to reinstall WLOC and I get an error advising me the installation did not succeed and I should contact support.  When I contacted WLOC support via chat - I was told there was a compatablity issue and I should call the Windows support line because this problem was outside the realm of WLOC support.   I was very surprised to here this - and before I spend hours on hold I thought I would start here.

The following error window pops up during installation: "An error occurred during windows live onecare installation.  Please contact support.  Error ID: 0036-80070643"

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Or is anyone else experiencing a similar problem after updating to sp3?

Thank you in advance.

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:09 PM

Answers