none
How runid and testcase are connected in TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone please explain me about the run id in TFS since currently I am using one of the TFS API to get the testcase outcome using this runid and the thing is I dont have that much knowledge regarding runid and all. So please tell me what does exactly runid mean? how it related to test case? Does TFS generate new runid if we update something on testcase?
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Nadirsha123,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Each test (including the automation test) will has a test run ID when running it. The next time to run the same test will be another run ID, it's unique.

Please refer more: https://stackoverflow.com/a/44902800

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi Nadirsha123,

Sorry for bothering you.

Since this issue is more related to tfs tag, we recommend you could move to stack overflow with tfs tag for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:16 AM