Backup won't go past 1% RRS feed

• Question

• I formatted the wrong hard drive in my WHS 2011 and had to reinstall the software and reinstall the connector for three client computers. All clients are running Windows 10 and have all the updates including 1607. Two clients backed up normal but the third did not. The backup status will start and show In Progress 1% for about 12 minutes and then go to Unsuccessful. The third client is wired through a router to the server.

The Event Viewer code is showing 514. I have tried running backup with the Volume Shadow Copy (Vss) on manual, on automatic, and manual start. Nothing made any difference. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:02 AM

Answers

• Is the failing client a UEFI machine - if so, have you installed the UEFI Hotfix on your server?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by illiam Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 11:05 PM

All replies

• Is the failing client a UEFI machine - if so, have you installed the UEFI Hotfix on your server?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by illiam Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 11:05 PM
  • The lack of the UEFI hotfix was the problem. I had put the hotfix on my server but neglected to install it. At the moment the backup is at 18% and going strong.  Thanks 
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:38 AM