How do I display MainPage.xaml content RRS feed

• Question

• After a clean install of Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition on Windows 10 Home Edition I was seeing a lot of errors when I created my first "Blank Xaml App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)" application. I was following a tutorial so I figured I should try to resolve the issues first.

My solution is named "XamlApp".

Issue 1: "A problem was encountered creating the subproject 'XamlApp.Droid'"

Solution: I followed these steps to remove the Xamarin provided by Visual Studio and to install the version provided on the Xamarin web site; https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/getting_started/visual_studio_with_xamarin/troubleshooting/uninstall-xamarinvs/

Issue 2: "Type universe cannot resolve assembly: System.Runtime" in the XamlApp.UWP project.

Solution: Install-Package Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform

Issue 3: The designer wont open for MainPage.xaml in the Portable project. How am I to add content to the page, like text boxed and buttons?

Issue 4: Changes made to MainPage.xaml in any project (Universal Windows, for example) are not displayed. Only the content of MainPage.xaml in the Portable project are displayed. Assuming that the correct resolution to Issue 3 is to edit the projects that inherit from the Portable project (which seems like duplication of effort and a huge opportunity for errors), how am I to get their content displayed?

• Edited by Ormesome Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:27 PM change MainWindow to MainPage (typo?)
    • Moved by Breeze Liu Friday, January 13, 2017 10:16 AM off topic
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Ormesome,

Here is the forum for Developing Universal Windows apps, and your issue is relate to the Xamarin development. you can feed back it to the Xamarin Forums for a better answer.

Best regards,
    Breeze Liu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Breeze Liu Friday, January 13, 2017 10:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ormesome Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:30 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 10:11 AM