Dashboard is empty RRS feed

• Question

• Other than the Server Settings on the upper right corner of the Dashboard screen, I do not see any other tabs where I can manager users, backups or other things on my WHS 2011 server.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix?  Should I reinstall WHS 2011?  Repair it?  Not sure what to do here.

Chris

Saturday, May 19, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris, what if you click start - Windows Home Server 2011 - Dashboard (Safe Mode), does it make difference? Do you remember when does the issue start to occur? Does it happen after installing certain software or making any changes?

Maybe you can install log collect tool and check if there is anything in the log file:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27567

Especially, Dashboard log.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 28, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:13 AM
  • OMG....thank you!!  It was that simple!!  Everything was disabled...not sure why but once I re-enabled all is good.

Thank you very much!

Chris L.

• Marked as answer by CEric_L Friday, May 25, 2012 4:37 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 4:37 PM

All replies

• This page, from the Windows Home Server 2011 online help, shows what the dashboard should look like and what the various sections of the display are for. Does your not look like this?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:34 AM
  • Ken,

The Dashboard comes up fine but with nothing across the top of it for managing backups, users etc.  The only options I get are those on the upper right that includes:

• Error, warning and information indicators
    • Server Settings (for remote access...etc)
    • Help.

This is the same screen regardless of access...thru the desktop or via RDP.

So...not sure how to fix this short of rebuilding the server.

Any suggestions you have might be helpful.

-Chris

Chris L.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:41 PM
  • Hi Chris, can you launch dashboard in safe mode? You can upload a screenshot of the dashboard and we can help to check. Thanks.

Sean Zhu

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Here is all that shows.  What I am trying to figure out but haven't yet is how to restore this functionality.  Can I "repair" the installation?  Find a service(s) that is not running?  Note that I receive this same screen through the client and directly on the server via RDP.  THerefore, it doesn't appear to be a connector issue.

Chris L.

• Edited by CEric_L Friday, May 25, 2012 4:43 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 4:42 AM
  • Hi Chris, what if you click start - Windows Home Server 2011 - Dashboard (Safe Mode), does it make difference? Do you remember when does the issue start to occur? Does it happen after installing certain software or making any changes?

Maybe you can install log collect tool and check if there is anything in the log file:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27567

Especially, Dashboard log.

Sean Zhu

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 28, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:13 AM
  • OMG....thank you!!  It was that simple!!  Everything was disabled...not sure why but once I re-enabled all is good.

Thank you very much!

Chris L.

• Marked as answer by CEric_L Friday, May 25, 2012 4:37 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 4:37 PM