Notifications - Outlook Update Is Needed - > on computers with Office (without Outlook) 2003 installed RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

on computers which have installed Office (without Outlook) 2003, this warning is shown in the Notifications Tab (view missed notifications).

The link is directed to the Office 2007 hotfix package (KB936864).

I really don't want that every user see these informations, because in my opinion these are only informations for Administrators.

On the other side, as long as we use Office 2003 (without Outlook) that notification information is simply misplaced.

We use Lotus Notes as mail system, so we don't need / can't use the Outlook integration, but even if we choose "None" as Personal information manager, this notification is still shown :-(

I think that is a bug ;-)

Is there a way to disable especially this notification?

Thanks in advance

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:27 AM

Answers

• Same here. After installing this Office 2007 hotfix on a computer running Office 2003 (and Outlook 2003) the message disappears. But it is still strange.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:29 AM

All replies

• Same here. After installing this Office 2007 hotfix on a computer running Office 2003 (and Outlook 2003) the message disappears. But it is still strange.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:29 AM
  • Hi,

I also have the message (we are using Outlook 2003) and while we are not looking at implementing Office 2007 in the near future would like to know if there is a way to supress this notification ?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:20 AM
  •  Martijn Haverhoek wrote:
    Same here. After installing this Office 2007 hotfix on a computer running Office 2003 (and Outlook 2003) the message disappears. But it is still strange.

I tried to run this hotfix but it gives an error that there are not compatible products for this hotfix.

Anyone knows what to do about this?

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:14 PM
  • It appears to be related to the "Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system" (for you to open docx, xlsx etc in Office2003).
    If you installed this compatibility pack, you will require the hotfix - KB936864.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:49 AM