<clientincludes> Section Removed When Importing Overlapping, Managed Solutions (MS 2013 R1) RRS feed

• Question

• After importing both of our solutions as Managed solutions, we observe that the solution import process removes the <clientincludes> section from both the Account and Contact forms.  For reference, these sections of the customization are under Microsoft control to load scripts it requires.

Specifically, we receive a dialog on lookups alerting us to a field's customized event related to the "parentcustomerid" field and the "setadditionalparams" event with an error "Object doesn't support property or method 'parentcustomerid_setadditionalparams'".

Naturally, this error would occur if the scripts are not present.

So, does anyone know why import removes this section when both solutions are Managed (ie no error when one is Unmanaged)?  And is there a good way to either prevent the removal or hand hold the importer to keep this section?

(As a crude workaround, I've written 3 line script to add these fields back into the form during the onload event.)

Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:22 PM

All replies

• Mike, we have noticed the same behavior.  Were you able to come to any resolution?  Could you post your script code for reference as a workaround?

Thanks!

• Edited by S Crichton Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:46 PM
  • Hi S Crichton,

The script is:

function loadScript(scriptPath) {
        var script = document.createElement('script');
        script.src = scriptPath;
        document.body.appendChild(script);
    }

The way to use it is to find the relative paths for the scripts that are missing and pass them in as arguments.  In my case, I used the OnLoad method and created an event handler for each; though, you could also create another method to receive the one event and then pass in each script from there.

If anyone finds a real solution (or even a better one), please post ;-)

Thanks

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:11 PM