How to become an Azure administrator RRS feed

• Question

• I am somewhat new in the start of my work career. I have a few years of work experience and am not looking to focus on improving my skill set. So my question is:

How to become an Azure administrator?

Specifically, what are some recommended skills to have in order to become an Azure administrator:

For example:

Having skills as a Windows system administrator, networking skills, security skills, programming skills, VM skills, Critical incident skills, capacity planning skills, etc.

Obviously having these skills as well as others would all be beneficial, but what I am hoping to gain from this is a sort of path to follow/work on to get me to the point of being an Azure administrator. (Is learning system administrator, programming and VM skills sufficient to then work on my Azure skills? Is Capacity planning, networking, Windows admin a better choice?)

I am looking for some recommendations for both skill sets and path to gain these skill sets to ultimately become an Azure administrator.

Thank you all in advance for any quality advice you are able to provide. :-)

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 5:15 PM

Answers