CRM 2011: Outlook connection error due to authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Problem:

We have currently setup our system to work with Kerberos authentication due to some issues that we were having with custom reports on CRM. After setting up the kerberos in the right way the MS Outlook doesn't connect to the CRM nor do other applications like sdk registration tool. The strange thing is that the web service on the client pc with Internet Explorer is working just fine and even the reports are working great now but the same thing doesn't go for Outlook. No connection and with the error :

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.

Why is Outlook sending anonymous authentication. How can we fix this issue ? Outlook should of been working once that Crm web site on client pc is working.

Have tried post: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/2b12ae87-3dbd-42a5-aa56-f0ccc33fa178

and page http://dynam1cscrm.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/dynamics-crm-2011-spn-and-windows-authentication-configuration-for-running-custom-reports/

The kerberos authentications for the servers in the iis are set correct.  

Enviroment:

CRM 2011 On-Premise ver:5.0.9688.583 ,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, email router not installed, SQL Server 2008 with reports, different servers for crm and sql(1 server for crm , 1 server for SQL with report and another for the client pc),Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.

Thank you.

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had.
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:17 AM

All replies

• any help please on this issue.
    Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:12 AM
  • any help please on this issue.

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had. Enviroment: ------------ CRM 2011 On-Premise ver:5.0.9688.583 ,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, email router not installed, SQL Server 2008 with reports, different servers for crm and sql(1 server for crm , 1 server for SQL with report and another for the client pc),Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.
    Friday, July 1, 2011 8:35 AM