MCTS to MCPD RRS feed

• Question

• guys,

as far as I know, if we get the following certificates, we will have 3 separate MCTS certificate on each topic;

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communications Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access

for MCPD for Web Developer 4 on Visual Studio 2010, we also need to take following exam;

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

so, if I have above three certificates, and after that I passed the exam 70-519, will I have 3 MCTS and 1 MCPD certificate? how is this gonna work? how will I be recognized?

Visual Studio 2010, C# & ASP.Net MVC
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you will have 3 MCTSs and 1 MCPD.  The choice is really yours, the MCPD implies that you have the others, so if you are using the qualification with people who are familiar then just use the MCPD.  On resumes probably best to use all of them so people can see each area you are qualified.  There are two separate Logos (MCTS and MCPD) and you can have five certificates on each Logo so you can have two Logo's on your emails if you want.  Your transcript will also show the detail of what you passed and when.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:47 PM
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes you will have 3 MCTSs and 1 MCPD.  The choice is really yours, the MCPD implies that you have the others, so if you are using the qualification with people who are familiar then just use the MCPD.  On resumes probably best to use all of them so people can see each area you are qualified.  There are two separate Logos (MCTS and MCPD) and you can have five certificates on each Logo so you can have two Logo's on your emails if you want.  Your transcript will also show the detail of what you passed and when.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:47 PM
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:54 AM
  • that's helpful. thanks !
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:03 PM
  • well, I have scheduled an appointment on the 22nd of April for 072-515 Exam. we'll see what happened :)
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 1:38 PM
  • So I took the exam :) and I failed :S and written a blog post about it;

http://www.tugberkugurlu.com/archive/mcts-70-515-failed-but-i-m-gonna-beat-it-next-time-throughout-mcts-exam-overview-and-experience

hope it will help others :)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

good luck on your next try! And nice blog post. You gave a nice overview with some nice links.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:22 AM
    Answerer
  • @Konrad

thanks :) glad that u liked. would be more glad if you could write a comment under it :)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:24 AM