"My Book Pro Edition" - western digital external harddrive issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Even not one week passed after purchasing external hard disk. But, I have problems while moving the data. I have started to move data from internal to external hard disk three days back. And in-between there was emergency arised to cancel the process, so, naturally i have cancelled the moving process. But i felt so much shock when moving file of that time did not revert back to original source. After then i have started "Undo Move" commands but it proved to be useless. Only file name generated through the command but the whole {.divx video} got erased and now only file name left on my internal drive (just like shortcut of original source). This is very important and crucial issue. We felt very relax when we have started such commands for moving and copying data and knitted in other works but if power got failure then there will complete loss of data in terms.

To overcome the problem i dont know what to do.... ????

Because, i have faced this kind of problem for first time in my life. Even, manytimes i have moved the data from iPod to PC and PC to iPod or pen drive there was never arise problems like that.

Anyone know the solution?

Saturday, October 13, 2007 8:34 AM

All replies

• How were you moving the data?

Was the external hard drive connected to your WHS via USB or Firewire?

I have had issues in the past with moving data from Vista to external Maxtor drives conneted via USB to my Vista box but that was usually solved by either changing the USB port I was plugged into or using Firewire.

can you try another port?

Andrew

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:29 AM
  • That is really very sad that I can not. Even my motherboard is so old there is no USB 2.00. So, i even can't imagine for firewire port(s). And there is no plan in near future to upgrade hardwares because my study is going on and i want to purchase new PC by myself only.
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:16 AM