Is Homeserver down? RRS feed

• Question

• Is Homeserver (or our part of it) down?  When we try to sign in, we get a blank screen with 'Critical Error.'  It worked fine last night.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:42 PM

All replies

• I don't know what you mean by "Is Homeserver (or our part of it) down?" Once it is set up, ll it does is provide DNS mapping between your Server IP address on the internet and your domain name xxx.homeserver.com. If you are signing in to your server the DNS element is working and it's your Server that's at fault.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:54 PM
  • Additional information:  All of our group have been able to sign in using Internet Explorer.  No one has been able to sign in or to reach the website using Google Chrome.  Has anyone else noticed this?
    Peg Fletcher
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:57 PM
  • Hi, Phil, 

The problem only appears in Google Chrome.  In Internet Explorer, it turns out, the connection occurs seamlessly.

The initial symptoms were that I had direct access on our intranet at home, but could not reach xxx.homeserver.com  whether using existing "Favorites" or typing the homeserver.com address in directly.

Let me know if you have any additional ideas, as I really prefer the structure of Google Chrome.

Thanks, Peg

Peg Fletcher
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:01 PM