Windows Installer RRS feed

• Question

• How do I stop Installer from trying to install a program that will not run on my computer? It wants to install a fax program from HP, but I have a cable modem, and can not fax from my PC. When ever I start the computer, I have to waste time stopping the install with the task mgr.  What to do?  Where do I find a forum that will help me with this?
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi!

I have the same problem in Windows Server 2003. The resolution was disabling MCAfee form startup of the msconfig command, form cmd.

After the MCAfee was disabled,i restart the windows installer service (services.msc) and the windows installer comes to life and work perfectly.

I hope I help anybody, because the resolution was take from me one day time.

God bless ,

Filipe Colaço

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:21 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the operating system you are currently using?

Thanks & regards,

Siddharth Chavan Tier II Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 6:25 AM
  • Sorry, little details are important..  I'm using Windows XP home edition on my desktop.  I have a home network, connected to a Vista Laptop. The laptop doesn't have that problem.

I do have a chronic problem with both units though.  I believe it can be blamed on Suddenlink Cable.  I have trouble getting online quite a bit. The laptop is wireless, and I continually get the "Cant connect to that page" error. then run the connection wizard, which finds no problem, then I hit the page again, and it instantly gets there.  That happens on both the wireless, and wired units.  So I believe it's Suddenlink.  I think I need a new modem.  Not to be handled here, I don't think.

Dick

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:43 AM
  • Hi!

I have the same problem in Windows Server 2003. The resolution was disabling MCAfee form startup of the msconfig command, form cmd.

After the MCAfee was disabled,i restart the windows installer service (services.msc) and the windows installer comes to life and work perfectly.

I hope I help anybody, because the resolution was take from me one day time.

God bless ,

Filipe Colaço

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:21 PM