none
Problems with Community Bridge (MS REST-Web-Service) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    few days ago I started experiencing problems while connecting to Microsoft TechNet Forums by using Community Bridge 3 (MSDN/Social/Partner) and "Forté Agent" client. I get the error below from bridge debugger while retrieving headers from Windows Server General Forums I subscribed:

Update threads since (null)
    CreateRequest: https://forumsapi.contentservices.msdn.microsoft.com/threads/?forumId=0b3d1d0b-dfd6-4df9-a87a-80d34d658a5f&sort=createdDate&order=desc&page=1
    WebException: JSON: {
      "errors": [
        "No results found."
      ]
    }
    RequestTime: 8348 ms

Note: The error also appears from any other forum. 

So I sent bridge debugger collected information to Jochen Kalmbach (the developer).
    The error seems to come from the MS REST-Web-Service.

Could you confirm the problem ?

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on [Vote As Help] and click on [Mark As Answer] if a post answers your question.

• Edited by Luca Fabbri Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:49 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• You might also check on that over here.

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/discussions

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, April 24, 2015 4:03 PM
  • Hello Dave, I already contacted the Community Bridge developer, but the error comes from the MS Webservice, not the tool itself, so I wrote here, hoping someone from Microsoft could se and take care to solve the issue. Bye, Luca
    • Edited by Luca Fabbri Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:04 PM
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:03 PM
  • I'd suggest sending an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Hello Dave,
    e-mail sent.

I'll wait for an answer.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on [Vote As Help] and click on [Mark As Answer] if a post answers your question.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:13 PM
  • Hello,
    this issue reached Microsoft. They are working on it.

I'll keep you informed.

Bye,
    Luca

Monday, April 27, 2015 4:18 PM
  • Hi Luca,

Try add a parameter in the request url to indicate the brand for the thread, like brand=technet. So for your request, try call this:

https://forumsapi.contentservices.msdn.microsoft.com/threads/?forumId=0b3d1d0b-dfd6-4df9-a87a-80d34d658a5f&sort=createdDate&order=desc&page=1&brand=technet

It is because there're 3 brands(msdn, technet, microsoft) in forums. Due to some backend updates, when missing the brand, it will set to MSDN by default and won't be able to get the correct result.

Jialin Xin

• Proposed as answer by Cindy Shepherd Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cindy Shepherd Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Cindy Shepherd Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:58 AM
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Hello Jialin,
    I'll forward your answer to Community Bridge developer.

I'll give you feedbacks.

Bye,
    Luca

Monday, May 4, 2015 6:47 AM
  • Hi Luca,

Try add a parameter in the request url to indicate the brand for the thread, like brand=technet. So for your request, try call this:

https://forumsapi.contentservices.msdn.microsoft.com/threads/?forumId=0b3d1d0b-dfd6-4df9-a87a-80d34d658a5f&sort=createdDate&order=desc&page=1&brand=technet

It is because there're 3 brands(msdn, technet, microsoft) in forums. Due to some backend updates, when missing the brand, it will set to MSDN by default and won't be able to get the correct result.

Jialin Xin

Hello Jialin,
    we are still working on it. I'll give feedback to this post within a couple of days.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:43 AM