Reboot OCS 2007 server and it takes forever at applying settings.. eventid 7022 Service Control Manager the culprit... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Specifically:

The Office Communications Server Web Conferencing service hung on
    starting. is the message

Anyone know of anything else to check to see why this is the case?

The service does eventually start.. and then i can access the server...

Thanks

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:49 PM

All replies

• Can you specify what is in the Application log for the conferencing service as this is a very general error that does not say anything

Deli

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:12 PM
  •  

Where do you want me to look exactly?  This was the error log from event viewer.. applications...  It didnt have any further info.

About the only thing i can think of, is that perhaps because there are multiple ip addresses on this machine (but only one is the main/real ip address).. it is getting confused at startup?  (IE:  validation of the web conferencing shows errors related to these other ips)..  I do have the component set to the proper ip though, in the settings.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:16 PM
  •  

Here is the errors in the validation.. note that 100.6 is the valid ip address.. and is set in the settings:

DNS Resolution succeeded: 192.168.100.6 192.168.227.253 192.168.100.58
    TLS connect succeeded: 192.168.100.6:8057
    TLS connect failed: 192.168.227.253:8057 Error Code: 0x274d No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. If this is an Edge Server, ensure that remote user access has been enabled. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.
    Suggested Resolution: Ensure that the DNS records have been setup correctly. If this server is an Access Edge Server, make sure outside user access is enabled.
    TLS connect failed: 192.168.100.58:8057 Error Code: 0x274d No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. If this is an Edge Server, ensure that remote user access has been enabled. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.
    Suggested Resolution: Ensure that the DNS records have been setup correctly. If this server is an Access Edge Server, make sure outside user access is enabled.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:30 PM
  • Do you really need to additional IP Address?

Try to exclude the IP Address in Webconferencing properties

Deli

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:18 PM
  •  Deli Pro-Exchange wrote:

Do you really need to additional IP Address?

Try to exclude the IP Address in Webconferencing properties

Deli

This server is also a VPN server, using routing and remote access... it has another internal ip address for connecting to virtual lans.

The other ip address is probably coming from the second gigabit physical connection on that box, but it is disabled.

I dont see an exclusion setting in the properties..?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:15 PM
  • I don't think it is a good idea to put OCS on a VPN Server or any other service on a VPN server as it has indeed a second address.

I can't check at this time if you can exclude the IP somewhere but you might have no other options than to run your OCS on a different server

Deli

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:15 PM
  •  

I've disabled the secondary nick, disabled vpn (remote access).. the web component service still hung on bootup.. and also.. the whiteboard still gave that content cannot be displayed due to configuration issue with the web component portion.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:13 PM
  • Can you check the eventlog and report the problems the web conferencing service has to startup?

Deli

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:47 PM
  •  

Actually.. since then.. i've moved it to a different server.. now everything even whiteboard is working.

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:05 PM