WD TV LIVE and Vail RRS feed

• General discussion

• Where to begin? The WD TV LIVE is gigabit wire attached to full gig network. Currently have Frankenbox V1 with recorded TV (not MS format) and ripped DVD's in both AVI and MKV. The WD plays every format I have but it will only play MKV thru a NETWORK SHARE (SAMBA), the WD plays everything else via media extender (CIFS I believe but all corrections are welcome) There are many posts to various fora regarding the infamous dropped network connections with WD TV LIVE. Occasionally I can coonect and watch MKV files, but mostly not. Tests with Vail and WD prove to be equally fruitless as the WD cannot connect to Vail as a Network Share. CIFS based media sharing (extender) is fine. Anyone else have a WD TV LIVE?
    Friday, May 7, 2010 1:59 AM

All replies

• In my feeble attempts to find a solution to the above problem I accidentally formatted the system disk .  As a result I have saved myself hours of frustration and leave it to you good folk to steer M$ to something that will be GA sometime this year or next. It's Spring and there are better things to do.  
    Friday, May 7, 2010 9:41 PM