CRM 2011 Set Regarding Case RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a hard time finding what permission to set to allow users that are not system customizer to set regarding a case. If I give them full permissions for cases they still do not get this functionality.

Where do we give permissions or change the set regarding menu for a non admin user?

Thanks,
    Chris

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:27 PM

Answers

• The user figured out that you need to expand the window more to see the lookup field options. It was nothing to do with the security but the screen didn't show the whole box until he expanded it.
    • Marked as answer by chrisc543-1 Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure you give them full permissions for Case (ideally) and Append To and Read for all other Entities that can be selected in the "Regarding" field.

Ideally the best way to assign permission is to copy an existing Role, and remove necessary permissions for other Entities which you do not want then to have access to. That way, you're ensuring you do not miss out on any other permission they might require to access, navigate CRM and carry out their task.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:24 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. They have all permissions for case. But they cannot even see the look for field in their CRM. How do I enable the Look for: lookup?

Thanks,
    Chris

Friday, June 20, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try copying a role and following the approach I mentioned above? Also, did you double check the role they are assigned to have Read and Assign To permissions for the entities (like Contact, Opportunities, Lead, etc.) you want to see in your lookup?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:12 PM
  • I don't have a role to copy. I cannot copy the Sys admin role as it will have way to much permission. I only want them to be able to lookup account or case. and yes both of those have the read and assign to permission.

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Chris,

Every time that you want give premition for users fill lookups fields, the premition is "Append" and "Append to" over the entity target (Case -> in you case)

Kind Regards

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:25 PM
  • This is what I have for the role. And they do not even see the look up. Would I need to publish or would they have to relink the org on the crm configuration for outlook?

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:29 PM
  • Anybody??? I can't believe I am the only one that doesn't have the look in field missing.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:25 PM
  • The user figured out that you need to expand the window more to see the lookup field options. It was nothing to do with the security but the screen didn't show the whole box until he expanded it.
    • Marked as answer by chrisc543-1 Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:25 PM