none
Printing to A1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully a quick question

Has anyone been able to print to A1 size in project? I cannot get it to go higher than A3

Friday, July 24, 2020 11:45 AM

Answers

• dh,

As far as I know, the available page sizes are determined by the selected printer driver, not Microsoft Project.  While the built-in "Microsoft Print to PDF" seems to have an upper size limit of A3, the built-in "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" will get you to A2 (and ANSI E-size as well, which is closest to A0.)  My Adobe PDF driver (part of Acrobat Pro) provides all ANSI and ISO sizes up to oversize A0 (through Microsoft Project 2016).  You may find some open-source pdf drivers to provide the same.

I routinely "print" bar charts to A2 pdfs, and these are perfectly legible on the rare occasion of outputting to LTR/A4 paper. 

Good luck, tom

Monday, July 27, 2020 2:06 PM
  • Tom's right, the paper sizes are defined by the chosen printer.  I have plotted on many occasions to an A0 plotter.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:54 PM

All replies

• dark hunter --

I see A3, A4, A5, and A6 paper sizes in Microsoft Project 2016 and 2019, but I do not see A1 as an available paper size.  Therefore, I would infer that you cannot print to the A1 paper size.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, July 27, 2020 1:20 PM
  • dh,

As far as I know, the available page sizes are determined by the selected printer driver, not Microsoft Project.  While the built-in "Microsoft Print to PDF" seems to have an upper size limit of A3, the built-in "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" will get you to A2 (and ANSI E-size as well, which is closest to A0.)  My Adobe PDF driver (part of Acrobat Pro) provides all ANSI and ISO sizes up to oversize A0 (through Microsoft Project 2016).  You may find some open-source pdf drivers to provide the same.

I routinely "print" bar charts to A2 pdfs, and these are perfectly legible on the rare occasion of outputting to LTR/A4 paper. 

Good luck, tom

Monday, July 27, 2020 2:06 PM
  • Tom's right, the paper sizes are defined by the chosen printer.  I have plotted on many occasions to an A0 plotter.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:54 PM
  • Thanks to all who took time to answer

Will have to see if I can get a PDF printer that will do A1

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:29 PM