DNLA streaming thumbnailing RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there anyone that knows if WHS vail is going to support thumbnails over media connect streaming? I noticed that in this release that files still just get a placeholder instead of a thumbnail on DNLA and extender devices such as the Playstation 3. I have made a suggestion on connect to add the feature. Please vote.

Please Vote by clicking this link
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:56 AM

All replies

• It's pretty likely that the DLNA specifications don't require a server to generate a thumbnail. That said, I think it's a nice feature to include.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:32 AM
  • I agree with you Ken, most likely the DLNA specification doesn't require the server to generate a thumbnail. I just think that WHS is a premium product and could offer media thumbnails like PS3 media server or Tversity. Thanks for the input!
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 12:01 AM
  • I got some feedback on the feature request, by my best guess I don't think that the thumb-nailing is an option yet for WHS v2. Mainly because it appears that there is some implementation of the Windows Media Player 12 sharing service and that service doesn't support thumb nails either.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:21 PM