none
Suggestions for SyncToy RRS feed

• Question

• Like the program, but two suggestions:

I have set up an 'echo' sync between folder 1 and folder 2. Folder 1 contains a txt file. I sync once, folder 2 now also contains the txt file. Plus each folder contains the SyncToy-blablabla.dat file. I accidentially delete this .dat file from folder 2. I try to sync again using SyncToy, but syncing fails even though the program claims that the 1 file did not need syncing (of course it does, always echo from first folder to the second folder). If one or more .dat files are missing or corrupt, better to delete these and start again fresh?

Also the program hangs for a number of seconds when a folder or .dat file can not be located.

Also, could the Preview and Run windows not start maximized, no real need for that; all the information fits in a normal sized window.

Friday, May 14, 2010 1:31 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your suggestions.

SyncToy really need the .dat file. As the be synced info will stored in it. And also, the .dat file under each folder is used for identify each folder.

If you delete it, you need to run a "initial" sync  with SyncToy UI. It will help to re-create a .dat file.

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 9:03 AM