File Conflicts and failing Videos folder, when there is nothing wrong with the HDD RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting failing for the videos folder and file conflicts when there is nothing wrong with the HDDs in my server, I have Home Server Smart add in and apart from the sprin retry count saying degraded on one of the discs the discs are in perfect health. I have had a few of these messages now, and also as soon as I restart the computer everything comes back fine.
    HMG
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• You don't think that Spin Retry is important?  Are you over your 12V rail current limit?

File conflicts are usually due to a file being left open when DEMigrator tries to work with the file.

--
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Per a Google research project a few years ago, the lack of negative S.M.A.R.T. indicators is not a good indication of hard drive health. A hard drive can have no indicators at all and fail. That's not really applicable, though, as you have a negative indicator. I'm inclined to agree with Al on the possible source, because the other possible source for that indicator is a severe controller or drive bearing problem.

That said, have you tried running chkdsk on all your drives? You'll also find some information on some of the causes of file conflicts in this FAQ.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:44 PM