One Care broken Tray Icon RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Vista home premium on an HP laptop.  My problem is with Windows Live One Care 2.0  If I hibernate the laptop and then wake it up after awhile the tray icon for One Care won't do anything.  I have to do a complete reboot to make it work again.

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• techdude2000,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare Program forums.

What is it that OneCare won't do? Does OneCare's status change to red after hibernation?

Lori MS

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:33 PM
  • It just sits there Green.  Now normally this is normal if all is well, but it does a tuneup every Sunday evening on it's schedule.  I usually forget to have the backup device installed when it is running so it usually turns yellow and warns about not being able to complete the backup.  When it performed the tuneup the last 2 weeks, the tray icon never did change colors and warn me about the backup device.  That's when I tried double clicking the icon which normally opens the program so I could do the manual backup.  Nothing, there is hard drive activity but the interface never opens unless I go into the start button, programs, and find the program shortcut in there.  Now when this happens the tray icon still won't do anything after I close the interface, it will only work again if I reboot the system.  All of this started after I began using hibernation.  If I do a normal shutdown, all is well, if I hibernate the system and then wake it up the icon is broken again.

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:27 PM
  • techdude2000,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forum for General issues.

I suggest contacting support for help with this issue. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Lori MS

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:51 PM
  • Thanks, I did and it turns out that there's an issue of the monitoring part of One Care not starting when coming out of hibernation.  Possibly a fix will come in the future with an update to One Care. The main program is running, just the monitoring part gets hung up.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:09 AM
  • does this problem also occur on desk top computers after sleep or hibenation; if you know or heard of such?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:16 PM