How to Test Synchronization Performance for Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a WPF application and we are using MS Synchronization Framework 2.0 to synchronize and WCF Services as remote provider proxy(n-tier). We have around 2000 user using this application. Can you suggest some way to test Performance by simulating multiple user? We need to measure the performance when many users Syncing simultaneously.

Thanks
    Sunit Poddar  
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:59 AM

Answers

• have a look at http://www.codeplex.com/WCFLoadTest

I've used this sometime ago to replay WCF calls to the remote provider. If you wrote your own proxy on the client side, you might have to do some more work to get it working though.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:18 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:25 AM
  • the load test methodlogy is an easy way to come up with such tests. you can also conisder to have a test harness and add some concurrenty control logic for your own purpose to fine tune the scenarios you'd like to have.

for the 2000 users, how many of them are/will concurrently sync with the server ? I am very interested in knowing your scenario and configuration as well, if you can provide some.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:18 PM

All replies

• have a look at http://www.codeplex.com/WCFLoadTest

I've used this sometime ago to replay WCF calls to the remote provider. If you wrote your own proxy on the client side, you might have to do some more work to get it working though.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:25 AM
  • the load test methodlogy is an easy way to come up with such tests. you can also conisder to have a test harness and add some concurrenty control logic for your own purpose to fine tune the scenarios you'd like to have.

for the 2000 users, how many of them are/will concurrently sync with the server ? I am very interested in knowing your scenario and configuration as well, if you can provide some.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:18 PM