Event Log RRS feed

• Question

• I just checked my event log and came across something I don't understand...

I have 3 pc's connected to whs 2 on wireless and one wired.  One of the wireless units is constantly logging on and off the server according to the security event log, please see attached screen shot.  (How can I attach a screen shot here???)

Can anyone help??

TIA

Al.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

• goobatec said:

I just checked my event log and came across something I don't understand...

I have 3 pc's connected to whs 2 on wireless and one wired.  One of the wireless units is constantly logging on and off the server according to the security event log, please see attached screen shot.  (How can I attach a screen shot here???)

Can anyone help??

TIA

Al.

The easiest way to post a screen shot is to upload it to a site such as flickr, then post the link to it here.

As for the computer constantly logging on and off, do you have any kind of synchronization application on that computer that might be causing it?
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Hi Al,
    do these login attempts also happen, if you connect with a wired connection to your LAN from this client?
    Especially on a wireless connected machine the network quality may be weak and the connection may flicker.
    Or you have multiple WLANs in range, to which you can connect, and your client is permanently switching between them causing a short connection drop.
    Or you run an application on that client, which initiates new connections (can also be malware).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:49 PM
  • Hi all here's the link Thought I'd use my own server lol

I don't believe we have any "malware" entire network protected by Avast.

One wireless network, no multiples and the client in question has network quality/signal strength in excess of 80%

All machines have the same software installed, no variations, there are only 2 of us here we just have pc's in several rooms.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:01 PM
  • goobatec said:

Hi all here's the link Thought I'd use my own server lol

I don't believe we have any "malware" entire network protected by Avast.

Have you tried running a complete system scan of that client with avast?

goobatec said:

One wireless network, no multiples and the client in question has network quality/signal strength in excess of 80%

All machines have the same software installed, no variations, there are only 2 of us here we just have pc's in several rooms.

Did you try Olaf's first suggestion (using a wired connection from that client)?

Just because all of your clients have the same software, doesn't mean that they are all functioning exactly the same.  Do you have anything from that particular client that may be trying to synchronize data (Offline Files, RoboCopy, iTunes, etc)?  Have you tried rebooting that client?  Have you tried creating another user on that client, then logging into that client as that new user?
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:46 PM