Valid Office 2003 Student & Teacher plus Access 202 - won't validate RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to add new holidays to Outlook 2003, and I tried to download the new outlook.hol file, and it required me to validate first.

When I tried to validate my copy of Microsoft Office, it told me I had an invalid copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2003.

I had a copy of Microsoft XP Professional that included Microsoft Access, and then I installed Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition. When I installed Office 2003, I called Microsoft Tech Support and they guided me through the installation process so that I installed this in the right order so that I could continue to use Microsoft Access and also Office 2003.  I don't have Microsoft Office Professional 2003 or Access 2003 on my computer.

When I open Microsoft Access, it says it is Access 2002, and shows that it is licensed to me and it shows a product ID. When I open Microsoft Word, it says it is part of Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 for Students and Teachers, and it says it is licensed to me, with a different product ID. For each product, when I click "activate now," it says it has already been activated.

How can I get the new outlook.hol file? How can I avoid this problem in the future?

Thanks.

Harriet

Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:35 PM

Answers

• hbograd,

We request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the problem you may be experiencing.   

Please try validating windows by visiting the following location: 
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine next click on the "Validate Windows" button in the upper right corner. 

Next please download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.  This would assist us immensely so we may analyze possible causes for a failed validation.  Next we will begin formulating a resolution for what may be causing the problem.

Lori MS

Lori MS
    • Marked as answer by Lori MS Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:53 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:51 PM