WHS2011 visibility for media players. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just refreshed my SBS 2011 evaluation install with WHS 2011 and now I cannot see the WHS 2011 on my network from either my WD Live TV HD or my AC Ryan HD2 media players.  Neither had an issue with the SBS 2011 install.

I can see the shares on the WHS 2011 machine from both my Win 7 HPro machines after running the connection software.  I can see the WD Live TV HD listed as a media device from the server (not the AC Ryan player though).

I have checked the workgroup on the WD player and reset the player to factory default.  The player is part of the WORKGROUP workgroup and has a static IP.  The WHS has a static IP as well.

I also deliberatly set a user account and password to match one I had saved on my AC Ryan players shortcuts.  Using this shortcut I can connect to the server and play videos via the shared drives (samba) but cannot browse the network and see the server.

It seems like it is set to undescoverable but on checking the homegroup and sharing settings the top one is listed as set so the server should be discoverable.

Most other bits of the server are setup but without being able to share to my media players it is pretty useless for me.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

RB

Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:06 PM

All replies

• Can you setup Hanewin for nfs shares on the server ? I believe both of those streamers can work with nfs.
    Ben Ogilvie www.hdtvtoyz.com
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:38 PM