Advanced Gateway and A/V Edge Server Interaction RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 
       Can anybody tell me how an Advanced Gateway (Basic Gateway + Mediation Server) and the A/V Edge Server interact?  I am more interested in the Advanced Gateway's interaction with A/V Edge Authentication Service, which is co-located with A/V Edge Server.

I know that A/V Edge Authentication Server (also known as Media Relay Authentication Server, MRAS), provides authentication tokens which the MoC client uses to pass media through TURN server. But, where does an Advanced Gateway fit in this interaction?

Regards,
    Arunachal

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:30 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure if you are using the right term or if I'm not understanding the question, but a Hybrid Gateway is the correct term for a device holding both the Basic Gateway and Mediation Server roles, while and Advanced gateway doesn't even require a Mediation role as it can talk directly to OCS Front-End server(s).

Either way communications don't take place directly between and Edge server and Mediation server or media gateway, the Edge server only communications with the next-hop internal Front-End or Director which in turn talks to any Mediation server(s).

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:45 PM