Custom lookup field greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add field for which we can select a user who is bidding on the project, separate to the owner.

When i create the lookup field it is editable by me but other for other users it is greyed out.

I understand this is to do with security roles s but with so many options I wasn't sure which ones should be green.

Thanks 

Mark

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• Double Check the security roles on both the entity. project and user

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by reck0ner Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:34 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:14 AM

All replies

• Check User entity Append and AppendTo privileges for that security role.
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Double Check the security roles on both the entity. project and user

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by reck0ner Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:34 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:14 AM
  • Append and AppendTo privilege will not gray out this one field.

Check if there is field level security turned on for the new field.

If there isn't field level security on this new custom field, then check if there is jscript in the OnLoad event of the form that is setting this field to read only.

Jason Peterson

• Edited by Jason J Peterson Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:22 AM adding additional info
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Thanks for all your help, it was append/append to roles on user. :)
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:35 AM