Router Netgear Fvx 538 RRS feed

• Question

• In home server; can't get past the UPnp
    Help!!
    frankpo@sunbeltgroup.com
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    not all routers support setup via UPnP or have this functionality enabled for security reasons (if your home server can configure the router, a malicios website running on your PC could do this as well under some circumstances).
    So you should check the manual of the router, how you can manually forward ports. Port forwarding for WHS is set for port 80, 443 and 4125 - which must be redirected to the internal IP address of your home server.
    If this is not the situation you are facing, a few more details would be useful to give you qualified help instead of shooting into the blue.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Not every router supports UPnP. You should take a look at the guides on PortForward.com for your router; they all show the basic steps you need to take to forward a port on your specific model. Then just forward 80, 443, and 4125 to your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    not all routers support setup via UPnP or have this functionality enabled for security reasons (if your home server can configure the router, a malicios website running on your PC could do this as well under some circumstances).
    So you should check the manual of the router, how you can manually forward ports. Port forwarding for WHS is set for port 80, 443 and 4125 - which must be redirected to the internal IP address of your home server.
    If this is not the situation you are facing, a few more details would be useful to give you qualified help instead of shooting into the blue.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Not every router supports UPnP. You should take a look at the guides on PortForward.com for your router; they all show the basic steps you need to take to forward a port on your specific model. Then just forward 80, 443, and 4125 to your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:17 PM