none
Give local admin access to a single node

Question

• Hi

I'm new to administrating a HPC node cluster. We have a Windows 2008 HPC node cluster of 10 nodes.

1 of those nodes is a test node, where any new program to be used in HPC will be installed to see if it works as expected. (Start by command line, have HPC job scheduler start it, etc)

How can I give UserA local admin access to only this server, to be able to install his/hers program?

If I put the user directly in "Local Administrators" on the node, it is being reset by HPC every 5th minute.

If I put the user as a HPC administrator in the Cluster Manager, the user will have local administrator access to all nodes in the cluster - including the HeadNode. Thats not the intention: only access to 1 node.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:03 PM

All replies

• Suggest to upgrade the cluster to HPC Pack 2008 R2 with SP4 or HPC Pack 2012 R2,  on which the Local Administrator on Compute Nodes would not be reset by HPC. So in your scenario, you can add UserA in the Local Administrators group only on one Compute Node for application installation.

Regards,

Yutong

Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:16 AM