CRM 4.0 Client Update Rollup 1 fails with 'DataProductInfo.Existing.Language is not available' error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to install CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 1 for my Outlook Client and I'm getting an error that says 'DataProductInfo.Existing.Language' is not available.  Can someone help me with this one?  The update will not install.  Could this be why when Outlook attempts to load the CRM addin it hangs at the 'Propogating Language Settings' step and then errors out?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Friday, December 26, 2008 3:19 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ebferro,

Do you have any language packs installed on the client machine? (Machine where you are trying to install the Outlook client).

Hassan.

Friday, December 26, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Hassan:

I've not installed any language packs.

Ernie

Friday, December 26, 2008 4:19 PM

• Hi Ernie,

Do you get anything in the event viewer?

what is the language settings on the server? is there is a difference between the language or date settings on the server and on the client?

I have not seen the error before. Just putting out some ideas.

Have a look at the url below:

http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-dynamics-crm/422530-error-propagating-language-setting-when-starting-crm-4-outlo.html

Hassan.

Friday, December 26, 2008 4:30 PM
  • check that your base language on your server and outlook client match.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/6/206eba30-9eba-44a7-bcce-ea76f7845262/Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_4.0_Language_Pack_Readme.htm

The language of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook must match the base language for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation

In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, all implementations have a "base language" setting that determines the organization's default formats for numbers, dates, times, and currencies, as well as the default language for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM user interface and Help. The installation language of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook must match the base language that you have selected for your Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation.

If you have installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook in a language that does not match the base language of your implementation, uninstall both Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and the local instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then reinstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook using the base language. After you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook in the base language, you can install Language Packs on the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook to enable additional languages for the user interface and Help.

Note: Installing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Language Pack on the computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook does not change the language settings for the Office Outlook user interface or Help -- only for labels, controls, and Help unique to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. For more information about how to enable additional languages in Outlook, refer to the Outlook documentation.

Friday, December 26, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Hassan and Donna:

Thanks for your help.  I have not installed any language packs and I've also tried reinstalling CRM 4.0 and my Outlook client and I'm still getting the same errors.  I did find that the time settings in CRM were set as h:mm tt and on my workstation as h:mmTongue Tieds tt.  I tried changing the time settings on my workstation to agree with CRM but I'm still having no luck.  So, if you have any additional suggestions, I'm definitely open to them.  Don't know if it matters or not but CRM is running on a 64 bit version of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and the Outlook client is running on a 32 bit version of Windows XP with SP3 installed.

Ernie

Friday, December 26, 2008 8:11 PM