Question on Folder Duplication RRS feed

• Question

• Can I confirm that it does work with an odd number of hdds?  If so does it simply split the total available space between them and rearrange the data so that everything is duplicated on another drive (assuming all drives are the same size)?

My other question is if you remove a drive, to say put into another PC, would that drive have to be re-formatted if you wanted to put it back into WHS?
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:05 PM

Answers

•  synthesis811 wrote:
    Can I confirm that it does work with an odd number of hdds?  If so does it simply split the total available space between them and rearrange the data so that everything is duplicated on another drive (assuming all drives are the same size)?

My other question is if you remove a drive, to say put into another PC, would that drive have to be re-formatted if you wanted to put it back into WHS?

Hi,

It will duplicate the folder/s data within then the HHD's, no matters the size.

Regarding the remove from pool, the nadd to pool, yes, WHS will reformat any drive you add it to the pool.

My best.
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:08 PM

All replies

•  synthesis811 wrote:
    Can I confirm that it does work with an odd number of hdds?  If so does it simply split the total available space between them and rearrange the data so that everything is duplicated on another drive (assuming all drives are the same size)?

Hi,

It will duplicate the folder/s data within then the HHD's, no matters the size.

Regarding the remove from pool, the nadd to pool, yes, WHS will reformat any drive you add it to the pool.

My best.
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:08 PM
  • Ok cool thanks, so odd numbered drives arn't a problem then.
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:38 PM
  •  synthesis811 wrote:
    Ok cool thanks, so odd numbered drives arn't a problem then.

Correct odd HHDs are OK.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:08 PM