off topic - Cursor Opens Commands in Vista RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum but I have a real problem working in Vista.

In some programs whenever I let the cursor hover even briefly over a command button it automatically activates that command so windows open and close when I do not want them to.

Does anyone know how to disable this feature?   

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:36 PM

All replies

•  

To fix this you simply need to double click on "Computer," then go to Tools -> Folder Options. Under the General tab in the Folder Options window, go to where it says "Click items as follows" and set it to "Double-click to open an item (single-click to select). Then click Apply, and finally OK.

Or

This could be an Ease of Access setting, used for the handicapped. Open
    Control Panel/Ease Of Access and click on "Make the mouse easier to use" and
    see if there is a check mark in the "Activate a window by hovering over it
    with the mouse" option.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Sebastion

Will you please stop answering the post in the off topic forum as this is for the moderators to move off topic post to and to mark post that are posted here as off topic not for answering. Thanks

Chuck

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:58 PM
  •  

Sorry Energy, but if you are not having problems Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

chuck

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:06 PM
  • Why dont you just delete them if you have no intention of anwsering the question?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:07 PM
  • Out of common courtesy to the poster.

chuck

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:14 PM