Server Backup issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am running WHS 2011.

I have a separate drive in my Home Server to make backups of specific areas of the server drives. It has lots of spare capacity.

I have two specific questions related to these backups:

1) Some of them are marked as incomplete. What reasons might there be for this? The backups are not all incomplete it seems that the backups tend to alternate between complete and incomplete.

2) I would like to delete the incomplete backups, but cannot find a way to access them and perform a deletion. How can old, or incomplete backups of the server be deleted?

Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding how to troubleshoot a backup that did not complete properly issue, please refer to the following article.

Troubleshooting Computer Backup and Restore Errors

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/computer-backup-error-solution-2.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:51 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Hi

I have done some more delving on the server and found that the error seems to be caused by a drive which is reported as "unallocated". This appears to be causing the process to error out.

What does this mean and how can I re-allocate it? The documents on the drive are accessible from workstations and on the server.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:47 PM