Synchronizing SQL Svr Compact with Oracle 9i in Collaborative Scenario RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have read through most of the web pages at the MSF Developer Center and have worked and modified some of the sample peer-to-peer sync console applications in the past.  I am trying to synchronize a SQL Server CE database in a simple console app with an Oracle 9i server instance.  But, before I can think about developing any code, I know that the Oracle database must be provisioned for collaborative synchronization.  This is not a trivial task as I am not very familiar with PL/SQL.  I believe that Oracle has snapshot isolation turned on by default.  I have managed to create reasonable Oracle database objects for the change tracking tables, indexes, triggers on the scope tables, and scope tracking tables.  But, now there are the stored procs - there's the server provisioning template, but that was written in T-SQL for SQL Server - converting to Oracle seems rather formidable.

When will an example come out show the details of provisioning an Oracle database to synchronize in a collaborative scenario?

Many Thanks,
    Peter
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:56 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

There is no such sample in MSDN yet, but we will post a code sample of DbSyncProvider for Oracle database in the next couple of months.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:29 AM