Does passing MCTS means I am an MCP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friend,

I am studying for MCTS 70-573 Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development. So if i pass 70-573, means i am MCP.

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

from my understanding there is no longer a "MCP Certification". (There was in the past - I can remember that I did a VB exam quite long in the past and that gave me a MCP Certification in a welcome pack :) ). Today you just get access to the MCP site.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by satish_p Friday, March 16, 2012 8:49 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes. you will be an MCP once you've passed your first Microsoft exam :)

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:21 AM

All replies

• Yes. you will be an MCP once you've passed your first Microsoft exam :)

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

from my understanding there is no longer a "MCP Certification". (There was in the past - I can remember that I did a VB exam quite long in the past and that gave me a MCP Certification in a welcome pack :) ). Today you just get access to the MCP site.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:23 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Daniel.
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Thanks konrad.

Because while searching on MCP, someone says after passing the MCTS,  we are not MCP, though we can access MCP site.

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

one extra point: I think there's a little confusion between MCP and MCPD. After passing your first exam you're part of the MCP community (with access to the the MCP site). MCPD is the certification group which normally comes after passing some MCTS exams.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:56 PM
    Answerer