No audio in tanjay call RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two tanjay (polycom) sets on the same subnet, connected to the same switch.

When one tanjay calls the other one, signaling is ok.

After answering the call I hear audio for a very short period (half a second), then there is no audio anymore.

When i make a call from a tanjay to a communicator client there is audio from the client to the phone, and there is audio for 5 seconds from the phone to the communicator client. Then the audio dies.

Firmware tanjay: CPE/3.5.6907.31 OCPhone/3.5.6907.31 (Office Communicator Phone 2007 R2)

I also captured data from the tanjay with wireshark but that gave me no information while i cannot see tls. I see traffic from the phone to the edge server, which is strange to me while the phones are both in the internal network.

Regards,

Frank Verharen

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:17 AM

All replies

• When you run a trace on internally connected clients you'll typically see traffic head to the Edge server.  MY best guess is that when OC attmepts peer-to-peer communications it needs to first find out if the remote party is local (LAN) or remote (outside Edge).  It appears to send packets to both the Edge server and the internal peer, probably to see which gets a response.  With internal peer-to-peer traffic you usually won't see any additional packets to the Edge server once the internal clients establish a session.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, June 12, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

That is clear to me. I tried the same scenario with two communicator clients and saw the same traffic to the edge server.

But my real problem is that there is no audio between the two tanjays. When i connect the commonicator client PC on the same switch port, then the audio is fine.

Regards,

Frank
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:40 AM