CRM 4 - How to view history of a campaign activity? RRS feed

• Question

• In outlook the only campaign related item you can track emails to is Campaign Activites.  However there is no history section for Campaign Activities.

Anyone have a way to track internal emails to Campaigns or Campaign Activities?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

This is the standard functionality in Dynamics CRM 4.0 that you cannot track emails with Campaigns and can only track with Campaign Activities, in this scenario i would suggest you the following solution:

1. Create New Entity i.e. “Campaign Tracked Activities” that will have activities and as attribute a lookup (N:1 relationship with Campaign entity) of Campaign entity I.e. “Campaign Reference”

2. Create New Workflow that will be triggered when a new campaign record is created

3. In this workflow create new record of entity “Campaign Tracked Activities” and set Campaign lookup “Campaign Reference” to Campaign record lookup value

4. Now to track activities from outlook i.e. emails users can select Campaign Tracked Activities form the regarding entities

With the above solution you can create campaign activity reports, advance find views etc.. to fulfill the reporting requirements. I hope this the solution will help you.

Please mark as answer if you find the reply useful.

Thank You,
    Jehanzeb Javeed,
    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:35 PM