Will my site ever get listed by Live Search? RRS feed

• Question

• I see a lot of people asking a similar question, but it is a bit confusing why Live Search seems to take so long, or has so much trouble, indexing some sites.

I'm indexed and ranked quite well in Google (top 3 for relevent search terms), and I receive a lot of traffic from them. I have a good number of external sites linking to my site, my content is regularly updated, and I have submitted my URL and a sitemap. It's been a month now and I am still not listed by Live Search.

There's no broken links or any other technical problems I am aware of, so could someone please help me understand why Live Search is still ignoring me??

Site address:

http://dailyquail.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I noticed that you are in our index as of today...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed that you are in our index as of today...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Yes I am, thanks for the reply.

Moving on to other issues now, any ideas why I only have 1 page indexed?

I have to be honest, Live Search isn't exactly performing brilliantly so far - it took about two months after Google to index my site, and another month after that (now) I only have one page indexed, while Google has them all and generally catches new content about an hour after I update.

I haven't had a single referral from Live Search.

Should I just give up on ever
    hoping to see Live Search include me in relevent results and/or send some traffic my way?
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Same issue for our site.

www.soundinnovations.biz

is it because it's a .biz ?

Friday, December 26, 2008 10:16 PM
  • Sound Innovations - it won't be because of that. It's because Live Search is just utterly useless.

Are you indexed ok in Google?

Oh, and still only one visitor from Live search. Awesome. Google, on the other hand, serves about 60% of my traffic.

But wait a few months for an answer from Brett just to confirm.

Friday, December 26, 2008 10:50 PM
  • Thanks for the input, I was getting that impression as we are pretty high on yahoo, google, ask and webcrawler. I never use it to search myself as the only accuracy it seems to have is directing you to online yellow page sites.

I can understand if it takes along time to get good results on searches but it's amazing to me that you can type in the exact url address into the search bar and it doesn't come up. Somebody is dropping the ball or they just don't care about competing with yahoo and google.

Appreciate the Input.

Sunday, January 4, 2009 8:41 PM
  • An update on how well Live is working for me.

From Live Search webmaster tools:

Last crawled: 30/09/2008
    Indexed pages: 1
    Crawl Issues: None [really?]

From Google Analytics:

Top traffic sources: google (organic) - 29.51%
    Indexed pages: 317
    Last crawled: Today

Perhaps surprisingly, I didn't come on here in the first place to bad-mouth Live Search. I came on because I wanted it to work for me, and I recognised that I clearly needed some help as it wasn't delivering the results it should.

Made my first post in September, received one extremely succinct reply from a Microsoft representative, no follow up, and complete silence meets my subsequent question. And I've just noticed this at the top under thread informaton - 'Status - Answered'.

My question isn't answered. Why won't Live Search work properly on my site?

Monday, January 5, 2009 11:20 PM