none
Legacy User Authentication via OneDrive/Live/Graph/etc.... RRS feed

• Question

• A few years ago I wrote a Windows 8 app that used the LiveClient to authenticate the User (mainly just because I needed something to uniquely identify the User so I could store significant amounts of data for them and I didn't want them to have to log in -- they're already logged in to Windows).  It suited my needs well as it returned a token of sorts that I could store to identify the user in another session.

Last year, I wrote another app with a similar need regarding User identification and I used the OneDriveClientExtensions b/c I wanted to kinda stay up to date.

Now, I've decided to rewrite the 1st app from scratch as a UWP app and I'm completely befuddled about how to go about identifying the User.  Everything seems to point using ADv2.0 via MS Graph which seems kinda overkill for my needs....but whatever.

The problem I have is that the new version of the app needs to be able identify existing Users that were authenticated use the LiveClient implementation from the 1st Edition.  Using the Graph looked like a lot of work, including possibly re-registering the app to associate it with new info (i.e. ClientId) which has it's own set of potential problems, so I had Nuget install the old LiveSDK packages.  Nothing in the app recognizes that's installed, however.

Honestly, I don't understand why every time I build a new app there's a completely NEW way of doing this simple task, but I need to know how I go about finding who my User is in the new way of doing things and still be able to associate that User to all of the data that was associated to them using the old method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi jasonxz2,

Since your question was more related to OneDrive SDK, you’d better post your question in OneDrive forum. But because OneDrive Developer Forum Relocated to Stack Overflow, so please post question on stack overflow.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 5, 2017 8:39 AM