none
career in Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Hii friends,

I have completed my bachelors in the field of computer science I want to pursue my career in Microsoft.I have done few paper presentations in my BS career.I want to know how can i get into microsoft .I have done 4 projects under ASp.NET

List of projects are

(Patient Management system, webApp that can send SMS anywhere,Online examination with proper countdown and generating report, ATM card processing)

I have done all these projects on my own...So i have detail knowledge how it works.

My question is will these projects may compell the recruiters at Microsoft to call for an Face to Face interview at least????

Or i need to do some other projects if yes then please specify which technologies should i work on and what kind of projects should i indulge in???

Thank you all

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:20 AM

Answers

• If you want a job at Microsoft here's where to start:-

http://careers.microsoft.com/gclp.aspx

Micosoft are not obliged to call you in for an interview no matter how highly qualified you are; they may not have any vacancies!

If my comments have helped please vote as helpful.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:41 AM
  • It's not about what technologies you know, it's about how proficient you are with these technologies i.e. how much experience you’ve had with using these technologies.

There's a huge difference between knowledge and experience and it is very easy to spot someone who has done some reading/study over someone who’s actually had experience using a technology.  That’s why I (and from what I’ve heard Microsoft) give people a practical exercise to complete during the interview process.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:56 AM

All replies

Micosoft are not obliged to call you in for an interview no matter how highly qualified you are; they may not have any vacancies!

Thanks.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:41 AM

Thanks.

Well thanks for the help...actually I have developed a software or a program about which i discussed with an HR of microsoft. He liked the idea very much and wants to see my resume.However I really dont want to impair my chances of getting in Microsoft so I want to make sure that my resume impress them ,thats why I want to know which are the technologies i should know (I know ASP.NET,MVC,Silverlight,SQL,MySQL,C,C++,C#)
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:38 AM
  • The answer to the question, "which are the technologies that I should know" is those that are in demand by Microsoft (or other employers). You can see which are in demand by looking at the jobs that they have on offer.

Good luck! I hope that you get the job you want.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:02 AM
  • It's not about what technologies you know, it's about how proficient you are with these technologies i.e. how much experience you’ve had with using these technologies.

There's a huge difference between knowledge and experience and it is very easy to spot someone who has done some reading/study over someone who’s actually had experience using a technology.  That’s why I (and from what I’ve heard Microsoft) give people a practical exercise to complete during the interview process.

Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:56 AM

Jeff Wharton

Thanks Jeff,

well I am really confused when i see all the interview questions...What should i study and from where????

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:59 PM