locked
Cannot Access "My Activites" throws invalid arguement error RRS feed

  • Question

  • This just started yesterday for one of my users where he cannot access "My Activities" it throws an error. Now today a second user reported the same exact issues and I have no idea what is going on. The error code seems to be saying the user doesn't belong to any teams which I have no idea what that has to do with anything for "My Activities" view. Has anyone encountered this or know what specifically this error message is pointing to?

    Thanks for any help!

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #4E341F2DDetail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #4E341F2D</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-11-19T16:22:51.5130391Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147220989</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>Encountered user 'f255ea45-3af1-e111-9b03-12a32b1e376a' that does not belong to any teams</Message>
        <Timestamp>2013-11-19T16:22:51.5130391Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>
    

    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:38 PM

Answers

  • I was able to solve this after a lot of test. Eventually I was able to narrow it down to business units and the default team for that business unit. For whatever reason after rolling up to 15 it broke my activities for a lot of users based on their business unit and that units default team. It turns out those teams had not default security role assigned to them. After assigning those teams a security role everything worked fine again.

    I was going to just delete this post but there was a lot of similar questions I found on Google with no answers, so I figured maybe this would help someone else out.

    Cheers,

    • Marked as answer by Mich_Ridge Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:38 PM