Create Entities Based on External File RRS feed

• Question

• Once a day we get a file (csv) with a list of activities. We need to parse that file, match it with existing entities and then add an activity to that entity with information from the external file. I could write an exe program that takes in this file and manually run it once a day. Is there some other mechanism this could be automated with? I am thinking of some workflow that is executed when it received an email with the file as an attachment and then processes this. This would require a plugin with a custom step that can be called in the workflow (assuming it can access the attachment which I assume it can). Would this work or what other alternatives are there? 

Friday, October 4, 2013 4:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, You can write Workflow or Plugin for your requirement.  You will have to create Workflow activity (Custom code).

In CRM we have only two option either Plugin or workflow that fires on some event. Of course you can access attachment of email activity. You can retrieve ActivityMimeAttachment entity related to Email based on objectid.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328344.aspx

HTH!

Thanks!  

• Edited by Kalim Khan Friday, October 4, 2013 4:49 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 4:48 AM