none
Evaluation extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i downloaded VS2010 professional to use in studying for the .Net 4 framework data access exam.  Its taken me a week to get it downloaded, installed, servicepacked as i am doing this at home and part time.  When i finally got to open visual studio it said i have 23 days left of the evaluation.

Can i get this reset to the full 30, and then get an extra 60 for registering?

There is no way i have the time available to do the study and exam in the next 23 days, i need as much time as possible before i have to uninstall it

Thanks

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

through the registration process you can get the extra 60 days. I do not know of additional ways to get more days.

But maybe you can test the product longer if you get a VM downloaded / reinstall Visual Studio on a clean build. But make sure that you check the license agreement so you do not break any license rules.

And maybe you can prepare for the exam with the express edition. At least the Self-Paced training kit 70-516 tells inside the software requirements:
    "Although the labs and code samples were generated
    using Visual Studio 2010 Premium Edition, you can use the Express Edition of Visual
    Studio for many of the labs, which is available from http://www.microsoft.com/express."

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:37 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

through the registration process you can get the extra 60 days. I do not know of additional ways to get more days.

But maybe you can test the product longer if you get a VM downloaded / reinstall Visual Studio on a clean build. But make sure that you check the license agreement so you do not break any license rules.

And maybe you can prepare for the exam with the express edition. At least the Self-Paced training kit 70-516 tells inside the software requirements:
    "Although the labs and code samples were generated
    using Visual Studio 2010 Premium Edition, you can use the Express Edition of Visual
    Studio for many of the labs, which is available from http://www.microsoft.com/express."

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.

I will try the VM thing, after i check the license, good idea!

I saw that i can use the express version for many of the labs, i was just concerned that i might not be able to use it on all of them.

I have taken the 60 day extension, so i'll get my backside in gear and see if i cant pass the exam in the next 80 days!  Thanks

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:25 PM