Can't download OneCare - Got a confirmation by e-mail without a "key" or further instruction RRS feed

• Question

• I started having search engine trouble today on a computer that I had not been using until recently (had to wait and buy a monitor as the laptop monitor is failing).  Anyway, I realized my antivirus software had expired after realizing I wasn't reaching my intended website selections so I decided to purchase OneCare (which was recommended by Microsoft unsuprisingly).  I made the purchase and got a confirmation via e-mail, but at no time did I receive a "key", nor was I given steps to download anything...
    I am completely frustrated as ALL attempts (outside of this one) to reach out have been met with "sorry - can't help you at this time", etc. etc. etc.  As I am having problems with the search engines and web in-general it makes it very hard to get the required info.  I am using my wife's laptop at the moment.

HELP?!?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hello GR, when you purchase One Care online you do not get a product key, your subscription is linked to the Live ID and password used to make the subscription purchase. To install One Care download the trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/default.htm  After installation open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password used to purchase your subscription and One Care will activate.
    Jim
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hello GR, when you purchase One Care online you do not get a product key, your subscription is linked to the Live ID and password used to make the subscription purchase. To install One Care download the trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/default.htm  After installation open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password used to purchase your subscription and One Care will activate.
    Jim
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:51 AM
  • After I got a good night's sleep I approached things a little more rationally and downloaded the trial and it appears to be working.  Just returned to check on things (still scanning!) and saw your e-mail.  THANK YOU for responding.  It's nice to know Forums can work when you feel like you are at wit's end...ha.
    Have a great day!
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:19 PM
  • Glad to read that all is well now. :-)
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:32 PM