Skipping files RRS feed

• Question

• Why in the world would the virus scan skip over files I get about 40% files not scanned

That's kind of dumb  

Monday, July 23, 2007 2:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• That's way too many unless you have configured exclusions.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:45 AM
  • No that was from a complete scan but AV/spy scan needs a Tune-up The Beta WLOC safety Complete scan does my big vista system 2 320gig hard drive scans cleans up disc Both disc and defrags and then the Registry clean up and a port scan in under 1h45minutes does not skip files does hang It runs it runs fast WLOC 2.0 needs one heck of a tune up.  if a web base scan & Utility can do a better Job

WLOC scans take 6hrs and that's about when I go to bed after waiting for it to complete It might take longer even.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:03 AM
  • Performance and skipping files during a scan are two different things, Mikro. Your initial post to this thread said that a scan skipped 40% of the files on your PC during the scan. I know that performance of the scan can be an issue, but I am not aware of any reason that OneCare would skip 40% of the PCs files during a scan.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:57 AM
  • I was commenting the support log reports that any file was skipped or can't be scanned some of the files were downloaded apps and other files that could potientally have a virus and the scan skips them.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:47 PM
  • Can you provide some examples of skipped files? Are these files in use when the scan is running?

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:18 PM
  • Setuoonecare.exe it's in a folder in a folder Downloads/ManualwindowsUpdates/Windowslive/beta/setuponecare.exe

Support log reports was not scanned there are many files I have just stored to reuse in case for a reinstall but they don't get scanned now if I moved setuponecare to just Downloads it'll get scanned if I re-run a complete scan the AV/spy can scan the file AV/spyware seems to have Issues with files & folders inside folders.

A feedback report waiting to get submitted

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:20 PM
  • I'm told feedback is back up on Connect for OneCare beta 2.0 bugs, Mikro - have at it!

-steve

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:30 AM
  • Yeppers I'm hammering them out
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:44 AM