No eMail for MCC award RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I do see MCC affiliation in my technet profile. However I have received no eMail for this. I followed up with the MCC Admins at MCCGA@microsoft.com and they replied back with a ticket number and then they never responded back. I tried to do further follow up but I am not getting any response

I need some help here. Can anyone tell me how to escalate it?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• Just to clarify I noticed that I had the badge and thought it odd...so contacted the admin.

Subject: RE: #RF1751731 - MCC Badge
    Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:01:22 +0000

Hello,
    Thanks for your mail. Due to some server errors, the Microsoft Community contributor badge was mistakenly placed next to the names of several valued members of our online communities. We are remedying the issue on our side and apologize for any convenience.
    Best Regards,
    MCC Global Administrator
    mccga@microsoft.com

------- Original Message ------
    Sent: Thu Feb 7 03:32:02 PST 2013
    To: "MCC Global Administrator" 
    Subject: MCC Badge

Hi,

Just to let you know that is appears my profile has been updated with an MCC badge, which I believe is probably a bug unless the criteria for the award has changed. I have not received any email from Microsoft in relation to this, so I thought I would send an email to check.

Thanks

Jon Gurgul

My profile: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/jon%20gurgul

Jon

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:22 AM

All replies

• Try again sending them e-mail. Also, have you looked into your SPAM folder? And have you checked all your e-mails?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Edited by Naomi N Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Oliver MichalskiEditor Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:51 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:17 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked all but no luck. I have just requested for invitation ID but still there is no response.

How it can be escalated?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Hi,

the only way is to send an email again. There was no escalation provided.

Regards

Oliver

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Unfortunately, you have only two venues to contact - by email and also leaving something on their Facebook page. I don't think any other means of communication exist and I don't believe the person who is responsible is checking this forum. He promised me an answer on some question and never get back on his promise.

My blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:48 PM
  • BTW, each e-mail may take up 2+ business days to respond, so don't expect immediate answer.

My blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

I am waiting for more than 4 days but still no answer other than the initial mail.

I tried to find out the support through Microsoft website but found no answers.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:58 PM
  • MCC letters disappear from many profiles right now.

My blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013 10:32 PM
  • Just to clarify I noticed that I had the badge and thought it odd...so contacted the admin.

Subject: RE: #RF1751731 - MCC Badge
    Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:01:22 +0000

Hello,
    Thanks for your mail. Due to some server errors, the Microsoft Community contributor badge was mistakenly placed next to the names of several valued members of our online communities. We are remedying the issue on our side and apologize for any convenience.
    Best Regards,
    MCC Global Administrator
    mccga@microsoft.com

------- Original Message ------
    Sent: Thu Feb 7 03:32:02 PST 2013
    To: "MCC Global Administrator" 
    Subject: MCC Badge

Hi,

Just to let you know that is appears my profile has been updated with an MCC badge, which I believe is probably a bug unless the criteria for the award has changed. I have not received any email from Microsoft in relation to this, so I thought I would send an email to check.

Thanks

Jon Gurgul

My profile: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/jon%20gurgul

Jon

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:22 AM
  • I see, thanks. For the moment my profile lost the MCC, but it has been restored recently. So, I guess now we will see badges for some and if someone didn't receive an e-mail, may be it means he/she was not re-awarded this 3 month cycle?

My blog

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:35 AM
  • According to Jon it looks like the letters appear near your profile by mistake.

My blog

Friday, February 8, 2013 1:23 AM
  • I see, thanks. For the moment my profile lost the MCC, but it has been restored recently. So, I guess now we will see badges for some and if someone didn't receive an e-mail, may be it means he/she was not re-awarded this 3 month cycle?

are all MCC badges awarded  in Oct 2012 automatically removed and only reassigned when listed on the MCC status page with Month Recognized January ?

till a few days ago I'd a MCC badge in my profile but it is no longer present.

Are people notified when their MCC is not renewed?

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:48 PM
  • No, I think if there was a new letter (as in my case), then you were renewed. If there was no letter, it can mean two things:

1) You were not renewed

2) The letter ended up in SPAM folder and was deleted

Also, the name of the person awarded will not automatically appear in that list even if that person filled all the info already the first time. I had to re-enter all my info again.

My blog

Monday, February 11, 2013 8:44 PM
  • Not sure if this helps, the first time I was made a MCC my primary email did not get a message indicating me to accept MCC. I contacted the admin, took two days for a response (which is fine). After several attempts the admin had me try a secondary email address (Comcast), same results as the primary. Next I gave the admin another email address (gmail this time), it did land it spam, marked it as non-spam, replied. Next time I was re-issued MCC the message went from my primary email address just fine.

Notes: Spam for all three of my email addresses do not remove items so I am not sure why the primary and secondary did not recieve the messages yet the reissue email went to my primary just fine, go figure.

kevininstructor

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:45 PM