Serial Port Issues after installing Studio software RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 laptops running XP Pro with all the updates installed ... one has Visual Studio Express Apps running the other doesn't ... both machines have hardware diagnostics and their serial ports are working properly. I have a win32 application that I require to configure Radio Equipment via a serial port that used to work on both these machines but now only works on the machine without Studio installed. The machine with Studio first had a 4472 Error relating to the Debug settings in Visual Studio ... I followed up by removing the debug flag segment in the registry under visual studio ... now the application just dies with a WIN32 exception error. I removed and reinstalled the Application but it still has the same issue.

Short of removing all the studio software does anyone have any idea's how to determine what is going on and or how to fix this?
    • Moved by Harry Zhu Friday, October 23, 2009 3:01 AM (From:Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions)
    Monday, October 19, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The question relating to serial port issue is beyond the scope of this forum , I'm moving the thread to off-topic forum.
    You might need to post to technet forum :
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories/

Harry
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:00 AM
  • the ifx is a pain inthe a.. cuz you decided to remove or hcange the registry key forthe values and changed the irq setting ofthe serial ports
    the simple solution is to removethe software then go into the registry and remove the folder for the software and then reboot again, then after reboot reinstallthe software
    this should replac ethe bad values and allow the software to run properly

we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:28 AM