none
2012 Replacement certification for Exam 70-643: Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Applications Infrastructure RRS feed

Answers

• There is no direct replacement, they are just going a different route.

Currently if you take the 70-643 and have the 70-640, 70-642, 70-647 AND a client exam you then have an MCITP, which has the same upgrade path to an MCSA as just an MCSA 2008 has.

I've read about half of the 643 book - it has some great information and details software implementation very well. If you are doing that in your job i'd suggest reading that regardless of if you are going to take the exam. If your end goal is just the certification, skip that one as there is no direct replacement in the 2012 certification list.

• Marked as answer by bendhill Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:40 PM

All replies

• There is no direct replacement, they are just going a different route.

Currently if you take the 70-643 and have the 70-640, 70-642, 70-647 AND a client exam you then have an MCITP, which has the same upgrade path to an MCSA as just an MCSA 2008 has.

I've read about half of the 643 book - it has some great information and details software implementation very well. If you are doing that in your job i'd suggest reading that regardless of if you are going to take the exam. If your end goal is just the certification, skip that one as there is no direct replacement in the 2012 certification list.

• Marked as answer by bendhill Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Windows Server 2008 certifications are being replaced with Windows Server 2012 certifications.  Please refer to the following link for details of currently released 2012 certifications http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver-all.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:46 PM